ZUTRIPRO ORAL SOLUTION CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 5mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60mg; per 5mL; grape-flavor.
Indications for ZUTRIPRO ORAL SOLUTION:
Cough and nasal congestion associated with upper-respiratory allergies or common cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥18yrs: 5mL every 4–6hrs as needed. Max: 4 doses (20mL) per 24hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Narrow angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension. Severe coronary artery disease.
Risks from concomitant use with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Discontinue if respiratory depression occurs. Abuse potential (monitor). Avoid in head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Cardiovascular disorders. Diabetes. Thyroid disorders. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antitussive + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. May affect or be affected by TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics
Sedation, somnolence, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, dizziness, psychic dependence, mood changes, nervousness or sleeplessness, visual disturbances, confusion, headache, euphoria, facial dyskinesia, feeling faint, lightheadedness, agitation, restlessness, insomnia, irritability, tremor; respiratory depression, cardiovascular effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|