Generic Name and Formulations:
Zolpidem tartrate 5mg per metered actuation (one spray) in 100microliter; oral solution spray; cherry-flavor.
Indications for ZOLPIMIST:
Short-term treatment of insomnia characterized by difficulties with sleep initiation.
Individualize. Give once daily immediately before bedtime. 10mg (two actuations). Max 10mg/day. Elderly, debilitated, or hepatic impaired: 5mg (one actuation); monitor closely. Concomitant CNS depressants: use downward dose adjustments. Effects delayed if used with or immediately after a meal.
Evaluate for co-morbid diagnoses (eg, physical and/or psychiatric disorders) prior to treatment. Reevaluate if insomnia persists after 7–10 days of use. Monitor for new onset behavioral changes, worsening of depression, or suicidal thinking. Hepatic impairment. Conditions that affect metabolism or hemodynamic response. Compromised respiratory function. Sleep apnea. Myasthenia gravis. Drug abusers. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Withdraw gradually. Debilitated. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with concomitant other CNS depressants (eg, imipramine, chlorpromazine), or alcohol (avoid); reduce dose. Potentiated by potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole); reduce zolpidem dose. Antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin).
Drowsiness, dizziness, diarrhea, drugged feeling, headache; abnormal thinking, behavioral changes, complex behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), hallucinations, amnesia, anxiety, other neuropsychiatric symptoms; anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Pump (60 metered actuations)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|