Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl (as monohydrate) 0.5mg/device; pwd for intradermal inj.
Indications for ZINGO:
To provide local analgesia prior to venipuncture in adults and children or peripheral IV cannulation in children.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not established. ≥3yrs: Use only on intact skin. Apply one 0.5mg dose to the planned procedure site 1–3 mins before needle insertion; may repeat once at new site after initial attempt failed. Multiple administrations to same site: not recommended.
Avoid eyes, body orifices, mucous membranes or areas with a compromised skin barrier. Severe hepatic disease or pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Bleeding tendencies or platelet disorders: higher risk of superficial dermal bleeding. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with other local anesthetics.
Local anesthetic (amide-type).
Application-site reactions (eg, erythema, petechiae, edema, pruritus), systemic reactions (eg, nausea, vomiting), dizziness.
Single-use device (disposable, needle-free)—12
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|