Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftolozane, tazobactam; 1.5g/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free; contains sodium chloride 487mg/vial.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZERBAXA:
Susceptible complicated intra-abdominal infections in combination with metronidazole and complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis.
Give by IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥18yrs (CrCl >50mL/min): complicated intra-abdominal infections: usually 1.5g every 8hrs for 4–14 days with IV metronidazole 500mg every 8hrs; complicated urinary tract infections: 1.5g every 8hrs for 7 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 750mg every 8hrs; (CrCl 15–29mL/min): 375mg every 8hrs; ESRD on hemodialysis: 750mg loading dose, followed by 150mg maintenance dose every 8hrs for remainder of treatment (give on dialysis days).
<18yrs: not established.
Cephalosporin, penicillin, or other beta-lactam allergy.
Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity reactions occur. Moderate or severe renal impairment; monitor renal function daily and adjust dose. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Cephalosporin + beta-lactamase inhibitor.
Nausea, diarrhea, headache, pyrexia, constipation, insomnia, vomiting; C. difficile-associated diarrhea, anaphylaxis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- Two Programs, One Goal: Meeting the Challenges of Oncology Navigation
- Navigating Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|