ZEGERID OTC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Omeprazole 20mg, sodium bicarbonate 1100mg; per cap; contains 303mg Na+/cap.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for ZEGERID OTC:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn (may take 1–4 days for full effect).
Swallow whole. Take at least 1 hour before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: one capsule daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Trouble or pain swallowing food. Vomiting with blood. Bloody or black stools.
Heartburn >3 months. Chest or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck, or shoulders; or lightheadedness. Wheezing. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea/vomiting. Stomach pain. Sodium-restricted diets. Discontinue and reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days, require >1 course of treatment every 4 months; diarrhea, rash, or joint pain develops. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Proton pump inhibitor + antacid.
May affect or be affected by blood-thinning agents (eg, warfarin, clopidogrel, cilostazol), antifungals, digoxin, diazepam, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, antiretrovirals, methotrexate.
Caps—14, 28, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
- Assessing Direct Costs of Treatment-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|