Generic Name and Formulations:
Streptozocin 1g/vial; pwd for IV inj or infusion after reconstitution/dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for ZANOSAR:
Symptomatic or progressive metastatic pancreatic islet cell cancer.
1g/m2 IV once weekly for 2 weeks; may repeat weekly; max 1.5g/m2 per dose. Or, 500mg/m2 IV daily for 5 days every 6 weeks until max benefit or toxicity.
Renal dysfunction or disease. Monitor renal function (eg, urinalysis, BUN, creatinine, electrolytes) before, weekly during, and for 4 weeks after therapy; discontinue or reduce dose if significant renal toxicity occurs (see literature). Obtain CBCs, liver function tests weekly. Avoid extravasation. Ensure adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant nephrotoxic agents. Additive toxicity with other cytotoxic drugs. Severe bone marrow toxicity with doxorubicin. Phenytoin may reduce cytotoxicity.
GI upset (may be severe); hematological, hepatic and renal (cumulative and dose-related; may be fatal) toxicity; glucose intolerance, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, inj site reactions, CNS effects (eg, confusion, lethargy, depression).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|