ZANAFLEX TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tizanidine HCl 4mg (quadrisecting score); tabs.
Indications for ZANAFLEX TABLETS:
Muscle spasticity (due to its short duration of action reserve for when relief is most important).
Initially: usually 4mg, may increase by 2–4mg as needed every 6–8 hrs to a max of 3 doses in 24hrs; max 12mg/dose and 36mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl <25mL/min): reduce dose. May sprinkle contents of capsules on applesauce (may affect absorption). Tabs and caps not bioequivalent under fed conditions. See literature.
Concomitant fluvoxamine, ciprofloxacin.
Hepatic dysfunction. Monitor ophthalmic and liver function (aminotransferases at baseline, 1, 3, 6 months, then periodically) and for orthostatic hypotension. Renal dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid other α2-agonists (eg, clonidine). Hypotension possible with other antihypertensives. Avoid concomitant use with other CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, amiodarone, mexiletine, propafenone, verapamil, cimetidine, famotidine, other fluoroquinolones, oral contraceptives, acyclovir, ticlopidine, zileuton); if clinically necessary, use caution. May potentiate CNS depression with alcohol, baclofen, benzodiazepines, other CNS depressants.
Dry mouth, somnolence, asthenia, dizziness, UTI, constipation, liver injury or elevated liver enzymes, vomiting, speech disorder, blurred vision, dyskinesia, nervousness, pharyngitis, hypotension, bradycardia, hallucinations/psychosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|