XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 5mg/mL, 10mg/mL, 15mg/mL, 20mg/mL, 40mg/mL; soln.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION:
Local or regional anesthesia for infiltration and nerve block (see literature).
See literature for recommended dosages based on procedures. Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. For all procedures: Max total dose: 4.5mg/kg not to exceed 300mg; epidural or caudal anesthesia should not be administered at intervals <90 minutes. Paracervical block: max 200mg total per 90 minute period. Elderly, debilitated, acutely ill (eg, cardiac or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: individualize based on weight and age. >3yrs: usual max dose: 1.5–2mg/lb. See literature for dosages specific to procedures.
To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Intra-articular infusions: not recommended. Avoid intravascular inj. Avoid methylparaben with spinal or epidural anesthesia. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Severe shock. Heart block. Neurological disease. Spinal deformities. Septicemia. Severe hypertension. Hepatic disease. Impaired cardiovascular function. Malignant hyperthermia. Head and neck administration. Labor & delivery: see literature. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
CNS effects (eg, lightheadedness, confusion), cardiovascular effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, cardiovascular collpase), hypersensitivity reactions, headache, backache, nausea, increased creatinine phosphokinase.
Multi-dose vial (10mL, 20mL)—1, 5
Multi-dose vial (50mL)—1
MPF ampules (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF ampules (30mL)—5
MPF single-dose vial (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF single-dose vial (30mL, 50mL)—1
MPF Polyamp Duofit Sterile Pack (10mL, 20mL)—5
MPF Sterile Pack SD Vial (30mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|