XOPENEX HFA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levalbuterol (as tartrate) (single-isomer albuterol) 45mcg/inh; metered dose inhaler; CFC-free.
Indications for XOPENEX HFA:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. ≥4yrs: 2 inh every 4–6hrs; or 1 inh every 4hrs may suffice.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Monitor for increased need; if inadequate control, reevaluate and consider adding an antiinflammatory (eg, corticosteroids). Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disorders (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Seizure disorders. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Renal impairment; monitor (esp. in elderly). Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid within 2 weeks of MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants. Avoid other short-acting sympathomimetic aerosol bronchodilators, epinephrine. Antagonized by β-blockers. Caution with other drugs that may lower serum potassium (eg, diuretics). Monitor digoxin.
Accidental injury, bronchitis, dizziness, pain, pharyngitis, rhinitis, vomiting; paradoxical bronchospasm, hypersensitivity reactions, cardiovascular effects, hypokalemia.
Vials (YES); HFA (NO)
Inhaler w. actuator (80inh)—8.4g, (200 inh)—15g; Soln 0.31mg/3mL, 0.63mg/3mL, 1.25mg/3mL—24 vials; Concentrate 1.25mg/0.5mL—30 vials
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|