Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketoconazole 2%; topical gel (anhydrous).
Indications for XOLEGEL:
Topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in immunocompetent patients.
Apply a thin layer to affected area(s) once daily for 2 weeks. Wash hands before and after use. Do not wash treated areas for at least 3 hours after application. Wait at least 20 mins before applying cosmetics, sunscreen, etc.
Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes. If irritation occurs or if disease worsens, then the use of the medication should be discontinued. Product is flammable (avoid open flames, smoking while applying). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Application site burning, headache.
Gel—45g; Xolegel Duo—1 kit (15g gel + 4oz Xolex shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%]); or (15g gel + 1.7oz Head & Shoulders shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%])
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|