A review of oncology radiation nurse workload led to new benchmarks for staffing and reduced over/under staffing, according to a presentation at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
Students better at identifying physical care needs, less so psychosocial, relational needs.
A revised orientation program that engaged CNS staff in new nurse orientation to the OR improved job satisfaction and staff retention.
Results of a standardized skills lab designed to ensure consistent knowledge and competency across all adult care units were presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference.
What is the USP and what do I need to know about it as an oncology nurse?
Perceptions of missed care are tied to higher patient-to-nurse ratios in England's hospitals, research indicates.
The researchers observed a positive correlation between long-term night shift work and the risks of several different types of cancer.
By 2020, roughly 64 percent of nurses working in a hospital unit are expected to have a BSN degree.
Using a 4-question survey, investigators determined oncology nurses' perception of their risks in handling and administering cytotoxic chemotherapy to patients.
Interviews with undergraduate nursing students revealed that many report bullying in both clinical and academic settings.
How long were you a nurse before you felt competent? Reflections on creating an atmosphere of learning and growing from our own mistakes.
A train-the-trainer communication training course appears to be an effective strategy for broadly teaching communication to oncology nurses.
For both genders, grief reactions linked to emotional distress among those at high levels of burnout.
Health experts note that opioids are prescribed too often, possibly because of poor training, and U.S. medical schools are expanding training to address the issue.
Significant evidence indicates that gloves of health care workers contaminate hospital surfaces with bacteria.
AAMC promotes multipronged approach to address the expected physician shortage, including federal support, technology, care delivery changes.
Study cites several measures needed to ensure the safety of health care workers on the job, including violence prevention strategies, national policy changes, and a shift in overall mind-set.
Nearly a third of female doctors stated they have experienced sexual harrasment and two-thirds say they experience gender bias in their workplace.
Campaign urges health care professionals and patients and loved ones to keep hands clean.
Next week, FDA committee of outside experts will meet to review risk-management plans
A research unit created by oncology nurses trains nurses to provide high quality care to patients in oncology clinical trials.
An innovative and robust nurse residency program that includes an evidence-based practice project, can impact oncology nursing practice and outcomes.
Simulation-based learning improved the confidence and skills of oncology nurses in chemotherapy-biotherapy administration.
Suggestions were offered on how to make EHRs more functional in practice, and reduce the associated regulatory burden.
Patients and their families believe that teams that include nurse practitioners are more effective, according to recent research.
Use of telemedicine allows nurses to accomplish tasks more quickly, increases both collaboration and communication.
How do you define being an oncology nurse? Read what your colleagues have to say, then send us your perspective.
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) has provided guidelines for physicians wishing to become more active via social media.
The new EHR regulations modify Stage 2 of meaningful use program and finalize requirements for Stage 3.
Better sleep quality and lower work stress has been observed for nurses in a yoga group versus non-yoga group.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Evolution of HER2-Positive Breast Cancer: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- Scalp Cooling With Dignicap May Reduce Alopecia During Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer
- Dedicated End-of-Life Education Program Improves Nurses' Care, Patient and Family Satisfaction
- Oncology Extended Care Clinic Reduced Urgent Cancer-Related ED Visits
- Cervical Cancer Outcomes Comparable With Adjuvant Chemotherapy, Chemoradiotherapy
- Hair Dyes and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Taste Changes After Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Affect QOL in Blood Cancers
- Hope, Optimism Reduce Psychological Distress in Advanced Cancer
- Mitomycin Extravasation Protocol
- Accurate Understanding of Capacity May Improve Workflow, Efficiency in Infusion Suite
- Nursing Practice Change Improved Chemo Administration, But Old Habits Die Hard
- Simple Adjustment Key to Paclitaxel Infusion Protocol That Reduced Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Online Program Aims to Assist With Clinical Trial Enrollment for Hematologic Cancers
- Education May Better Equip Nurses to Hold End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Skipping the SICU Post Head and Neck Cancer Surgery May Improve Outcomes
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|