Children with Wilm's tumor who are at low risk for relapse can be given less intensive treatment by omitting doxorubicin from the treatment regimen.
A new study has found that patients who received chest radiation for Wilms tumor may be more susceptible to breast cancer later in life, due to their radiation exposure.
Mutations in a gene that helps regulate when genes are switched on and off in cells have been found to cause rare cases of Wilms tumor, the most common kidney cancer occurring in children.
Childhood cancer survivors may need earlier colorectal cancer screening, especially if abdominal radiation was part of their treatment.
People who underwent cancer therapy as children have a heightened risk of developing gastrointestinal (GI) complications later in life, a new study shows.
Doxorubicin is an anthracycline antibiotic that is used to treat lymphoblastic and acute myeloblastic leukemias, several types of cancer, Kaposi sarcoma related to AIDS, malignant lymphoma, soft tissue and osteogenic sarcomas, and Wilms tumor.
Reviews the clinical features and diagnosis of Wilm's tumor, as well as management and follow up
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|