VOLTAREN OPH SOLN Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diclofenac sodium 0.1%.
Indications for VOLTAREN OPH SOLN:
Post-op inflammation after cataract extraction. Photophobia and pain in corneal refractive surgery.
Cataract surgery: 1 drop 4 times daily beginning 24 hrs post-op for 2 weeks. Corneal refractive surgery: 1–2 drops within the hour prior to surgery, then within 15 minutes post-op, then 4 times daily for up to 3 days.
Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeat ocular surguries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Should not be used by patients currently wearing soft contact lenses. Monitor refractive stability for 1 year. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid during late pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with medications that prolong bleeding time. Concomitant use of topical steroids may increase potential for healing problems.
Burning, stinging, dry eye, other ocular effects, increased bleeding (including hyphemas).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
- Assessing Direct Costs of Treatment-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|