Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit.A (as beta carotene) 2700 IU, thiamine 1.6mg, riboflavin 1.8mg, niacinamide 18mg, pyridoxine 2.5mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit.B12 12mcg, Vit.C 70mg, Vit.D 400 IU, Vit.E 30 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 100mg, copper (as oxide) 2mg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 65mg, magnesium (as oxide) 25mg, zinc (as oxide) 25mg; caplets; gluten-, lactose-, iodine-, sugar-free.
Indications for VITAFOL-OB:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 cap daily.
Pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis. Iron storage disease. Chronic hemolytic anemia. Pyridoxine responsive anemia. Liver cirrhosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Overactive thyroid. Hypercalcemia. Hyperparathyroidism. Soy allergy. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Iodine with anti-thyroid drugs may cause hypothyroidism. Iodine with antihypertensives may increase potassium. Folic acid antagonizes methotrexate, anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, valproic acid). Separate dosing of zinc with antibiotics at least 2hrs apart. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
GI upset, skin ailments, glucose abnormalities, visual problems.
Caplets—100; Softgel caps—30;
DHA (6 blister cards [5 caplets + 5 gel caps])—30-day supply
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|