VITAFOL-OB + DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit.A (as beta carotene) 2700 IU, thiamine 1.6mg, riboflavin 1.8mg, niacinamide 18mg, pyridoxine 2.5mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit.B12 12mcg, Vit.C 70mg, Vit.D 400 IU, Vit.E 30 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 100mg, copper (as oxide) 2mg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 65mg, magnesium (as oxide) 25mg, zinc (as oxide) 25mg; caplets; gluten-, lactose-, iodine-, sugar-free. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 250mg; gel caps; orange flavor.
Indications for VITAFOL-OB + DHA:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 caplet + 1 gel cap daily.
Pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis. Iron storage disease. Chronic hemolytic anemia. Pyridoxine responsive anemia. Liver cirrhosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Overactive thyroid. Hypercalcemia. Hyperparathyroidism. Soy allergy. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Iodine with anti-thyroid drugs may cause hypothyroidism. Iodine with antihypertensives may increase potassium. Folic acid antagonizes methotrexate, anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, valproic acid). Separate dosing of zinc with antibiotics at least 2hrs apart. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
GI upset, skin ailments, glucose abnormalities, visual problems.
Caplets—100; Softgel caps—30;
DHA (6 blister cards [5 caplets + 5 gel caps])—30-day supply
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|