Generic Name and Formulations:
Rimexolone 1%; oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VEXOL:
Post-op inflammation. Anterior uveitis.
Post-op: 1–2 drops into conjunctival sac(s) 4 times daily; start 24 hrs after surgery and continue through 1st 2 weeks post-op. Uveitis: 1–2 drops into the conjunctival sac(s) every hour while awake for 1st week, then 1 drop every 2 hrs while awake for 2nd week, then taper until resolved.
Epithelial herpes simplex keratitis and other viral infections including vaccinia, varicella. Ocular mycobacterial, fungal, or untreated purulent infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Monitor intraocular pressure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Blurred vision, discharge, discomfort, ocular pain, increased intraocular pressure, foreign body sensation, hyperemia, pruritus; may mask secondary ocular infections; ocular hypertension/glaucoma, optic nerve damage, defects in visual acuity and visual fields, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, superinfection possible with prolonged use.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|