VENTOLIN HFA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol 90mcg/inh; metered-dose aerosol; contains hydrofluoroalkane; CFC-free.
Indications for VENTOLIN HFA:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. ≥4yrs: 2 inh every 4–6hrs as needed; 1 inh every 4hrs may suffice. Exercise-induced bronchospasm: 2 inh 15–30 minutes before exercise.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm, immediate hypersensitivity reactions, or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Reevaluate periodically. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with other drugs that may lower serum potassium (eg, diuretics).
Throat irritation, viral respiratory infections, upper respiratory inflammation, cough, musculoskeletal pain; hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm, cardiovascular effects, hypersensitivity reactions (eg, rash, urticaria, angioedema).
Inhalation aerosol (w. dose counter)—8g (60 inh), 18g (200 inh)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|