Generic Name and Formulations:
Patiromer 8.4g, 16.8g, 25.2g; per pkt; pwd for oral susp.
Indications for VELTASSA:
Limitations Of use:
Not for emergency treatment for life-threatening hyperkalemia due to its delayed onset of action.
Give at least 3hrs before or 3hrs after other oral medications. Take without regard to food; mix with water. Initially 8.4g once daily. Adjust dose in 8.4g increments as needed at ≥1-week intervals to obtain desired serum potassium target range; max 25.2g/day.
Binding to other oral medications.
Avoid in severe constipation, bowel obstruction or impaction, abnormal post-op bowel motility disorders. Monitor serum potassium, magnesium. Consider magnesium supplementation if low serum levels develop.
May reduce absorption and efficacy of other oral medications; separate dosing by at least 3hrs.
Constipation, hypomagnesemia, diarrhea, nausea, abdominal discomfort, flatulence.
Single-use packets (8.4g)—4, 30; (16.8g, 25.2g)—30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|