Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis A vaccine, inactivated 25Units per 0.5mL (pediatric/adolescent), or 50Units per 1mL (adult); susp for IM inj; aluminum adsorbed; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for VAQTA:
Hepatitis A immunization.
≥19 yrs: 1mL IM at elected date and booster dose (1mL IM) 6–18 months later.
<12 months: not recommended. 1–18 yrs: 0.5mL IM at elected date and booster dose (0.5mL IM) 6–18 months later.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) available. Latex allergy. Inject into deltoid muscle, preferably at least 2 weeks before expected exposure. If given with immune globulin, use separate syringe and different site. Fever. Malignancies. Immunocompromised (may have suboptimal response). Bleeding disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressives may reduce efficacy. Concomitant vaccines, immune globulins: see literature.
Injection site reactions (esp. pain, tenderness), headache, fever, GI upset, myalgia, abdominal pain, rash, pharyngitis and other upper respiratory tract effects.
Prefilled syringes (0.5mL, 1mL)—1, 5; Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—1, 10; Single-dose vials (1mL)—1, 5, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|