Generic Name and Formulations:
Histrelin acetate 50mg; SC implant.
Indications for VANTAS:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
Insert 1 implant SC in the inner aspect of the upper arm. Remove after 12 months; may replace.
Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers. Not for use in women or children.
Initial transient increase in serum testosterone may result in worsening signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, neuropathy, hematuria). Metastatic vertebral lesions, urinary tract obstruction (monitor closely in 1st few weeks). Avoid wetting inserted arm for 24hrs and heavy lifting or strenuous exertion for 1st week. Increased risk of developing diabetes; monitor blood glucose and HbA1c periodically; treat if occurs. Increased risk of developing MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor for signs/symptoms of cardiovascular disease. May prolong QT/QTc interval in patients with congenital long QT syndrome, CHF, electrolyte abnormalities; monitor ECGs. If electrolyte abnormalities occur, correct and monitor. Measure serum testosterone, PSA levels periodically. Implant not visible on X-ray.
May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests. Caution with concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval.
Hot flashes, fatigue, implant site reactions, testicular atrophy, renal impairment; hyperglycemia, diabetes, cardiovascular disease.
Kit—1 (w. implant and supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|