Generic Name and Formulations:
Methoxsalen 20mcg/mL; sterile soln.
Indications for UVADEX:
Extracorporeal administration with the UVAR XTS or CELLEX Photopheresis System in the palliative treatment of skin manifestations of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma that is unresponsive to other forms of treatment.
Consult UVAR XTS or CELLEX Photopheresis System Operator's Manual before administering. Give on 2 consecutive days every 4 weeks for minimum of 7 treatment cycles (6 months). Calculate dose per treatment based on treatment volume: Dose (mL) = treatment volume x 0.017. Accelerated treatment schedule: see full labeling.
Idiosyncratic reactions to psoralen compounds. History of light sensitive disease. Lupus erythematosus. Porphyria cutanea tarda. Erythropoietic protoporphyria. Variegate porphyria. Xeroderma pigmentosum. Albinism. Aphakia.
Should be used only by trained and experienced physicians.
Exposure to sun or UV light may cause actinic degeneration, skin burning, cataracts; wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin (or use sunblock: SPF ≥15) for 24hrs after treatment. Basal cell carcinomas; monitor. Possible thromboembolic events in treatment of graft-versus-host disease (not approved use). Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers.
Increased photosensitivity with anthralin, coal tar, griseofulvin, phenothiazines, nalidixic acid, halogenated salicylanilides, sulfonamides, tetracyclines, thiazides, certain organic staining dyes (eg, methylene blue, toluidine blue, rose bengal, methyl orange).
Hypotension secondary to changes in extracorporeal volume.
Single-use vials (10mL)—12
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|