Researchers sought to examine the affect of uterine re-curettage on the number of methotrexate courses required for patients with postmolar gestational trophoblastic neoplasia.
Researchers explored whether adding trastuzumab to carboplatin and paclitaxel would improve survival outcomes for patients with advanced/recurrent disease with overexpressed HER2/neu.
Presence of 1 risk factor or 2 or more risk factors is associated with non-home discharge after hysterectomy for gynecologic malignancy.
Perioperative Pain Control Reduces Need for Postoperative Narcotics After Hysterectomy for Uterine CancerMarch 15, 2017
Preoperative intravenous acetaminophen plus local infiltration of LB during hysterectomy and surgical staging of uterine cancer may reduce the need for postoperative narcotics.
Use of chemotherapy or vaginal brachytherapy (VBT) may improve survival among patients with early-stage uterine papillary serous carcinoma.
A new generation dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor shows promise in treating leiomyosarcomas with the protein P-S6S240.
Although overall risk for uterine cancer after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy is not increased, the risk of serous/serous-like endometrial carcinoma is higher for BRCA1+ women.
In a small group of women with mismatch repair (MMR) deficiency endometrial uterine cancer, survival was increased by pembrolizumab.
Use of minimally invasive hysterectomy is linked to favorable morbidity profile and does not compromise long-term survival for patients.
Twins carry a significant excess familial risk for cancer overall and for specific types of cancer, including prostate, melanoma, breast, ovary, and uterus, according to a long-term follow-up study of twins in Nordic countries.
Incidence of Undetected Cancer in Patients Undergoing Gynecologic Surgery for a Benign Condition Higher Than EstimatedDecember 04, 2015
Researchers in Massachusetts sought to determine how frequently cancer is diagnosed in women after undergoing gynecologic surgery for a problem believed to be benign.
Hispanic women in the United States were significantly less likely to survive endometrial uterine cancer than non-Hispanic white women.
Among women undergoing a minimally invasive hysterectomy using electric power morcellation, uterine cancers were present in 27 per 10,000 women at the time of the procedure, according to a new study.
For women undergoing hysterectomy by morcellation, the prevalence of uterine cancers is 27 per 10,000, with increased prevalence with advanced age, according to a research letter published online.
The FDA says there is little to no evidence that a popular technique for removing fibroids can be performed without the risk of spreading undetected cancers to other parts of the body.
A history of bariatric surgery is associated with a reduction in the risk of uterine malignancy, whereas BRCA1 carriers have an increased risk of high-risk uterine cancer, according to two studies.
The best outcome for wait times falls between 2.1 and 12.0 weeks time.
This fact sheet reviews common sites of cancer metastasis, methods of spread, treatment, and additional details.
Five-year disease-free survival similar for women who did or did not receive fertility drugs.
The risk of uterine cancer recurrence may be increased by waiting too long after a hysterectomy to begin radiation therapy. For patients with uterine cancer who are not receiving chemotherapy, tumors were found to be more likely to return if radiation therapy was delayed 9 weeks or longer following surgery.
SNP which spans FASN upregulated in neoplasms and implicated in tumor cell survival.
With the exception of lung cancer in women and pancreatic cancer, mortality from major cancers is expected to decline in the European Union in 2012.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|