In updating its 2012 recommendations, the US Preventive Services Task Force changes its stance on PSA-based screening for prostate cancer in men older than 50. The new guidelines advocate for a patient-physician discussion of the benefits of testing vs the potential harms.
The U.S Preventive Services Task Force recommends counseling for fair-skinned individuals younger than 24 years, and selective counseling is recommended for adults.
1. Behavioral interventions increase sun protection behavior but do not reduce sunburn or skin cancer outcomes. 2. Behavior interventions lead to increased skin self-examinations but may lead to additional skin procedures without finding additional skin cancers. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: While melanoma comprises 2% of all skin cancers, it causes more than 
An USPSTF updated recommendation statement for ovarian cancer screening recommends against screening for women who are asymptomatic and do not have high-risk hereditary cancer syndrome.
An analysis of SEER data sought to examine the appropriateness of age- and race-specific breast cancer screening recommendations for white vs nonwhite women in the United States.
Conversations about benefits and drawbacks of PSA testing improved after the USPSTF updated its recommendations on PSA testing; however, some disparities in quality of these discussions increased.
USPSTF Releases Updated Recommendations for Aspirin Use to Prevent Cardiovascular Disease and Colorectal CancerApril 18, 2016
The US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) updated its recommendations on low-dose aspirin use for the primary prevention of CVD and the use of aspirin and NSAIDs for prevention of CRC.
Less than 20 percent of top-ranked health sites advise against screening for prostate cancer, a recommendation made by the USPSTF.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Smoking Ups Risk of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Overall and by Subtype
- Myelofibrosis: From Diagnosis to Early Intervention
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine for People Through Age 45
- HPV Vaccination and Anti-programmed Cell Death 1 Inhibition Improve Survival in Patients With Invasive HPV-16
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Anxiety, Depression in Prostate Cancer: Managing Psychosocial Effects in Male Patients
- Tandem Autologous-Allogenic HCT Offers Long-Term Remission in Multiple Myeloma
- Tool Addresses Well-being of Informal Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- Hematologic Cancers: 8 Tips Oncology Nurses Should Share with Caregivers
- Navigation at the End of Therapy: A Crucial Transition in Lymphoma Treatment
- Strength and Hope for Women in the Mist of Cancer
- Prospective Study Measures Cognitive, Treatment Effects in Older Breast Cancer Survivors
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy May Affect Thyroid Function
- Hypofractionated Radiotherapy After Conservative Surgery May Increase Low-intermediate Grade Late Fibrosis in Breast Cancer Patients
- Should Increased Breast Density Dictate More Breast Cancer Screenings?
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|