URSO FORTE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ursodiol 500mg; scored tabs.
Indications for URSO FORTE:
Primary biliary cirrhosis.
Take with food. 13–15mg/kg per day in 2–4 divided doses.
Complete biliary obstruction.
Variceal bleeding, hepatic encephalopathy, ascites, and/or need for an urgent liver transplant: give appropriate specific treatment. Monitor liver function and bilirubin monthly for 3 months after starting therapy, then every 6 months thereafter; consider discontinuing if levels increase significantly with history of stable liver function. Monitor and maintain bile flow. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Reduced absorption with bile acid sequestrants (eg, cholestyramine, colestipol), and aluminum-containing antacids. Estrogens, oral contraceptives, clofibrate, other lipid-lowering drugs may reduce effectiveness of ursodiol by increasing hepatic cholesterol secretion.
Abdominal discomfort or pain, alopecia, diarrhea, nausea, pruritus, rash, leukopenia, elevated creatinine or blood glucose, thrombocytopenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|