Generic Name and Formulations:
Potassium citrate 5mEq (540mg), 10mEq (1080mg), 15mEq (1620mg); tabs.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for UROCIT-K:
Renal tubular acidosis with calcium stones. Hypocitraturic calcium oxalate nephrolithiasis. Uric acid lithiasis.
Take within 30 minutes of meals or bedtime snack. Adjust based on urinary citrate levels and/or pH. Urinary citrate <150mg/day: 30mEq twice daily or 20mEq 3 times daily. Urinary citrate >150mEq/day: 15mEq twice daily or 10mEq 3 times daily. Max 100mEq/day.
See literature. Hyperkalemia or predisposing conditions. GI narrowing or stricture, delayed gastric emptying or predisposing conditions. Peptic ulcer disease. UTI. Renal insufficiency (GFR <0.7mL/kg per minute).
Restrict salt intake and encourage high fluid intake. Discontinue if severe vomiting, GI pain or bleeding occurs and follow-up. Monitor 24 hour urinary citrate, urinary pH, serum electrolytes, CBC, ECG, at least every 4 months; discontinue if hyperkalemia, significant rise in serum creatinine, or significant fall in hematocrit or hemoglobin occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Contraindicated with potassium-sparing diuretics, anticholinergics, other drugs that slow GI motility. Monitor digoxin. May interfere with some urinary tract antibiotics. Caution with drugs that raise serum potassium.
Hyperkalemia, GI upset, irritation, bleeding.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|