Generic Name and Formulations:
Halobetasol propionate 0.05%; crm; oint.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
Indications for ULTRAVATE:
Apply a thin layer to affected areas 1–2 times daily; max 50 g/week and 2 consecutive weeks' treatment per course. Discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
Avoid use near eyes, on face, groin, or axillae. Do not use for diaper dermatitis, rosacea, perioral dermatitis, or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, itching, dry skin, erythema, skin atrophy, leukoderma, vesicles, rash, pustulation, acne, secondary infections, telangiectasia, urticaria, miliaria; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|