TYPHIM Vi Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Typhoid vaccine cell; surface purified Vi polysaccharide 25micrograms per 0.5mL; soln; for IM inj; contains phenol.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for TYPHIM Vi:
Immunization against typhoid fever.
Give at least 2 weeks before expected exposure; may repeat every 2 years. Adults: 0.5mL IM once in deltoid.
≥2yrs: 0.5mL in deltoid or vastus lateralis.
Not for use in chronic carriers or patients with active infection.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. Immunocompromised states. Previous typhoid vaccination. Thrombocytopenia. Coagulopathies. Acute infection. Active febrile illness. Exposure to contaminated food and water should be avoided. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, malaise, headache, GI upset, myalgia, fever.
Multidose vials—contact manufacturer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|