Generic Name and Formulations:
Abaloparatide 2000mcg/mL; soln for SC inj.
Radius Health, Inc.
Indications for TYMLOS:
Postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture.
Limitations Of use:
Cumulative use >2yrs not recommended.
80mcg SC once daily into periumbilical region of abdomen; rotate inj sites. Give supplemental calcium and vitamin D if dietary intake inadequate.
Risk of osteosarcoma.
Increased baseline risk for osteosarcoma (eg, Paget's disease of bone, unexplained increased alkaline phosphatase, open epiphyses, bone metastases or skeletal malignancies, hereditary disorders predisposing to osteosarcoma, prior external beam or skeletal implant radiation therapy), pre-existing hypercalcemia or underlying hypercalcemic disorder (eg, primary hyperparathyroidism): not recommended. Urolithiasis. Hypercalciuria. Severe renal impairment: monitor. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not indicated.
Hormone (human parathyroid hormone related peptide analog).
Hypercalciuria, dizziness, nausea, headache, palpitations, fatigue, upper abdominal pain, vertigo; orthostatic hypotension, hypercalcemia, urolithiasis, inj site reactions.
Prefilled pen (1.56mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|