TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8mg; per 5mL; as polistirex; ext-rel susp.
Indications for TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC:
Cough and upper respiratory symptoms associated with allergy or cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥12yrs: 5mL every 12hrs; max 10mL/24hrs.
Use accurate measuring device. <6yrs: see Contraindications. 6–11yrs: 2.5mL every 12hrs; max 5mL/24hrs.
Children <6yrs of age.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Respiratory depression esp. in children; discontinue if occurs. Post-op. Compromised respiratory function (eg, pulmonary disease). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Underlying intestinal motility disorders. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Asthma. Hypothyroidism. Addison’s disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antitussive + antihistamine.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Nausea, vomiting, sedation, drowsiness, impairment of mental and physical performance, dysphoria, rash, pruritus; respiratory depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|