Using fictional patient profiles and a questionnaire on recommendation procedures, researchers were able to demonstrate a need for standardized tumor board interpretation and recommendation processes worldwide.
An examination of the parameters of a cell's nucleus can help identify the molecular markers of breast cancer tumors.
Using mathematical analysis, researchers identified factors to help determine if containment or the elimination of an infection or tumor, is most effective.
A new targeted therapy approach may attack cancer on two fronts, boosting anti-tumor immune responses while also directly killing tumor cells .
IH-induced exosomes from mice significantly promote TC1 malignant properties, according to a recent study.
A protein has been identified that can inhibit cellular inflammation, a major contributor to the growth of cervical cancer.
The geometric shape of the outside edge of a cancerous tumor plays a significant role in activating tumor-seeding cells that lead to metastasis.
This fact sheet explains tumor markers and their current use in cancer care.
A next-generation immunotherapy may offer hope for treating high-grade glioma, an aggressive form of brain cancer that is notoriously hard to treat.
Internal mammary lymph nodes (IMLNs) identified at implant-protocol breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are more likely to be benign than malignant.
Findings suggest doctors shouldn't automatically rule out less invasive surgery plus radiation for some larger breast tumors.
A detailed simulation has made a more detailed examination of how tumors manipulate blood-vessel growth to their advantage.
Patients with B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas and advanced solid tumors have responded to a new drug that is being tested for the first time in humans in a phase I clinical trial.
A recent study has demonstrated that the malaria drug chloroquine normalizes the abnormal blood vessels in tumors, which can aid in blocking cancer cell dissemination and metastasis.
A research team has created a new, self-assembling nanoparticle that can increase the effectiveness of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) cancer detection.
A landmark survey of more than 700 specialists provides crucial real-world insight into the treatments that most oncologists choose for lung cancer patients whose tumor has been incompletely resected.
An abnormal yet recurring chromosomal mismatch causes a little-known facial tumour that is more common in women.
In examining why some advanced melanoma patients respond so well to the experimental immunotherapy MK-3475, while others have a less robust response, researchers at Mayo Clinic in Florida found that the size of tumors before treatment was the strongest variable.
The site of metastatic tumors powerfully predicts overall survival (OS) among men with metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC), confirms a meta-analysis presented at the 2014 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting.
Tumor biology-based therapy offers excellent outcomes among children with intermediate risk neuroblastoma, according to results from a prospective phase 3 reduction of therapy study.
Women who have radiotherapy for breast cancer have a small but significantly increased risk of subsequently developing a primary lung tumor.
Interval cancers more likely to be earlier stage, proximal, have lower risk of death
A team of stakeholders has detailed research priorities necessary to address gaps in knowledge about early breast tumors in women.
Supplementation with antioxidants markedly increases tumor cell proliferation and tumor growth in mice, researchers found.
Standard and reduced high-dose volume RT for muscle-invasive bladder cancer provides comparable tumor control and decreased late toxicity compared with surgery, according to a new study.
Researchers have estimated the daily dose of radiation therapy that is wasted in compensating for cancer cell growth that occurs overnight and during weekends in patients with early breast cancer, which could shorten radiation therapy schedules.
Substantial tumor regressions among some patients with advanced pancreatic cancer occurred in a recent clinical trial that paired the standard chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer, gemcitabine, with an agonist CD40 antibody.
Increased stem cell self-renewal and subsequent mammary stem cell enrichment are the culprits of breast cancer that develops later among women who were exposed to ionizing radiation as young women, according to a new study.
The SHIVA trial is the first randomized trial to look at patient outcomes after treatments were chosen based on individual molecular profiles of each person's tumor.
Cancer tumors almost never share the exact same genetic mutations, which is a fact that has confounded scientific efforts to better categorize cancer types and develop more targeted, effective treatments.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Integrative Medicine in Childhood Cancer: Practices That Can Help Pediatric Patients
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Seeking an Explanation for the Lack of Research Focused in Pediatric Oncology Therapeutics
- Risk for Colon Cancer, Osteogenic Sarcoma Higher With Presence of Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
- G-CSF Support Increases Overall Survival, But Risk of Secondary Malignancies Also Higher
- Report From Childhood Cancer Survivor Study Identifies Long-Term Risks for VTE
- The Effect of Intravenous Hydration Strategy on Plasma Methotrexate Clearance During Intravenous High-dose Methotrexate Administration in Pediatric Oncology Patients
- Outcomes Worse for Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy vs Open Surgery
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|