Trospium Chloride Tabs Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Trospium chloride 20mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Trospium Chloride Tabs:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
Take on empty stomach. 20mg twice daily. ≥75yrs: 20mg once daily if twice daily dose not tolerated. Severe renal impairment (CrCl<30mL/min): 20mg once daily at bedtime.
Gastric or urinary retention; uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma; and patients at risk for these conditions.
Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstructive disorders. Ulcerative colitis. Narrow-angle glaucoma (monitor). Intestinal atony. Myasthenia gravis. Exposure to high environmental temperature. Renal insufficiency (CrCl 30–80mL/min). Moderate to severe hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. Increased drowsiness with alcohol; avoid consumption within 2hrs of administration. May alter absorption of other drugs (decreased GI motility). May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs eliminated by active tubular secretion. May be antagonized by metformin.
Anticholinergic effects (dry mouth, constipation, dry eyes, urinary retention, blurred vision), CNS effects (monitor), dyspepsia, headache.
Formerly known under the brand name Sanctura, Sanctura XR.
Fecal (primarily), renal.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|