Generic Name and Formulations:
Liothyronine (as sodium) 10mcg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for TRIOSTAT:
Give with glucocorticoids. Allow 4–12 hours between doses. Initially 25–50mcg. Cardiovascular disease: initially 10–20mcg. Usual range: 65–100mcg daily. Change to oral therapy as soon as possible: start tabs at low dose and increase gradually; discontinue IV gradually.
Uncorrected adrenocortical insufficiency. Untreated thyrotoxicosis. Artificial rewarming.
Not for treatment of obesity for weight loss.
Ineffective for weight reduction in euthyroid patients. Not for treatment of infertility. Cardiovascular disease, angina, elderly: initiate therapy at 10–20micrograms. Severe and prolonged hypothyroidism. Fluid therapy. Adrenocortical insufficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates digitalis toxicity, tricyclic antidepressants, sympathomimetics (eg, anorectics). May increase risk of coronary insufficiency with vasopressors. Monitor oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Estrogens affect thyroid function tests. May be potentiated by tricyclic antidepressants. Hypertension, tachycardia with ketamine.
Arrhythmia, tachycardia, cardiopulmonary arrest, hypotension, MI, angina, CHF, hypertension, twitching.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|