Generic Name and Formulations:
Trimethoprim 100mg, 200mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Trimethoprim:
Treatment of initial episodes of uncomplicated UTI due to susceptible strains (E. coli, P. mirabilis, K. pneumoniae, Enterobacter species, coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species, including S. saprophyticus).
Treat for 10 days. 100mg every 12 hours or 200mg every 24 hours. CrCl 15–30mL/min: 50mg every 12 hours. CrCl<15mL/min: not recommended.
Megaloblastic anemia due to folate deficiency.
May interfere with hematopoieses (esp. when given in large doses and/or prolonged periods). Obtain CBCs if signs of serious blood disorder develop, discontinue if significant reduction in any formed blood element is found. Possible folate deficiency. Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Folic acid inhibitor.
May potentiate phenytoin. May interfere with serum methotrexate assay, Jaffe alkaline picrate reaction assay for creatinine.
Rash, pruritus, GI upset, blood dyscrasias, hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, fever, increased BUN, serum creatinine; rare: aseptic meningitis, cholestatic jaundice, hypersensitivity reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|