Generic Name and Formulations:
Fenofibrate 48mg, 145mg; tabs.
Indications for TRICOR:
Adjunct to diet in hypertriglyceridemia (Types IV and V), and to reduce elevated total-C, LDL-C, apo B, and TG, and to increase HDL-C, in primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia (Types IIa and IIb). Limitations of use: not shown to reduce coronary heart disease morbidity and mortality in a controlled trial of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Hypertriglyceridemia: 48–145mg/day, adjust at 4–8 week intervals. Hypercholesterolemia, dyslipidemia: 145mg/day. Renal impairment or elderly: initially 48mg/day. Discontinue if inadequate response after 2 months on max dose.
Hepatic dysfunction. Primary biliary cirrhosis. Severe renal dysfunction. Gallbladder disease.
Renal impairment. Monitor CBCs for first year; monitor liver function; discontinue if ALT (SGPT) levels >3xULN persist. Discontinue if markedly elevated CPK levels, myopathy, gallstones or severely depressed HDL-C levels occur (do not reinitiate). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid statins. Potentiates oral anticoagulants (monitor). Allow at least 1 hour before or 4–6 hours after bile acid sequestrants. Caution with immunosuppressants (eg, cyclosporine), colchicine, other nephrotoxic drugs.
Abnormal liver function tests, elevated CPK, rhinitis, myopathy, cholelithiasis, pancreatitis, increased BUN or creatinine, rash; rare: rhabdomyolysis, transient hematologic changes, blood dyscrasias.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|