Although many TKIs have well-documented cardiotoxic effects, results of a single-center prospective study that assessed effects of 1 year of therapy with imatinib or nilotinib in patients with CML demonstrated safety and efficacy of the 2 agents in this population.
Researchers present findings of a comparison of daily image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT) vs a weekly regimen in patients with N0 localized prostate cancer at the 2018 GU Cancers Symposium.
1. Patients with a higher disease burden of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) treated with CD19-specific chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy experienced greater incidences of cytotoxic release syndrome and neurotoxicity compared to low disease burden patients. 2. Patients with high disease burden had shorter overall survival times compared to low disease burden patients. Evidence 
This observational study demonstrates the significance of using the chemotherapy toxicity risk score (CTRS) to determine if an elderly patient can safely tolerate standard-dose combination chemotherapy, or would fare better with a reduced-dose regimen.
As supportive care improves, elderly patients may benefit from high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation.
Skin Toxicity Evaluation in Patients Treated With Cetuximab for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: A New Tool for More Accurate Comprehension of Quality of Life ImpactsJuly 14, 2017
This research aims to assess the correlation between quality of life (QoL) and severity of dermatological toxicity in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
Quantity and quality of skeletal muscle is a more accurate measure for determining dose and of potential treatment-related toxicity in patients receiving chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer.
Researchers report that clinicians may want to start collecting toxicity data routinely and offering early interventions to patients with breast cancer.
Patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) who discontinue TKI therapy due to toxicity can successfully be treated with an alternate TKI.
Treatment with epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors has been linked to earlier paronychia onset and more dermatological visits for skin toxic effects.
This literature review sought to analyze the quality of evidence that supports management practices of cytotoxic drug extravasation.
Two studies show benefits for hypofractionated versus conventionally fractionated whole-breast irradiation.
Women with cervical or endometrial cancer can safely receive extended-field intensity modulated radiation therapy (EF-IMRT) without increased risk of duodenal toxicity.
Managing toxicity costs are higher for treatment with less-specific targeted agents and chemotherapies.
Standard and reduced high-dose volume RT for muscle-invasive bladder cancer provides comparable tumor control and decreased late toxicity compared with surgery, according to a new study.
A whole new class of drugs has been developed that targets the structure of the cancer cell for the first time.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|