Tolmetin 400mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tolmetin sodium 400mg; caps; contains sodium 36mg/cap.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Tolmetin 400mg:
Relief of signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Treatment of acute flares and the long-term management of the chronic disease. Treatment of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Initially 400mg 3 times daily. Maintenance: 600–1800mg daily in divided doses; max 1800mg/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Initially 20mg/kg/day in divided doses (3–4 times daily). Maintenance: usual dose range: 15–30mg/kg/day; max 30mg/kg/day.
Aspirin allergy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Hypertension; monitor. CHF. Edema. Asthma. History of ulcer disease or GI bleeding. Bleeding disorders. Dehydration. Monitor blood, hepatic, and renal function in chronic use. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat. C: <30 weeks gestation; Cat. D: ≥30 weeks gestation: avoid). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid aspirin. May antagonize ACE inhibitors, diuretics. Increased risk of GI bleed with oral corticosteroids, anticoagulants (monitor), alcohol, smoking. Methotrexate excretion reduced. Increases lithium levels.
GI upset, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, flatulence, headache, asthenia, elevated BP, edema, dizziness, weight gain, weight loss; rash (discontinue if occurs), GI ulcer/bleed, elevated liver enzymes (discontinue if hepatotoxicity develops), blood dyscrasias, renal papillary necrosis. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Tolectin DS.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|