Generic Name and Formulations:
Tobramycin 0.3%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TOBREX:
Susceptible infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Adults and Children:
Severe infections: initially 2 drops every hr or ½ inch of ointment every 3–4 hrs; then may prolong dosing interval. Mild to moderate infections: 1–2 drops every 4 hrs or ½ inch of ointment 2–3 times daily.
Remove contact lenses before using. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant systemic aminoglycosides: monitor levels.
Superinfection, itching, swelling, erythema, sensitivity (discontinue if occurs); oint: may retard corneal healing.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|