TOBRADEX ST Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tobramycin 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.05%; oph. susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TOBRADEX ST:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection or risk thereof.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 1 drop every 2hrs for 1st 24–48 hrs, then every 4–6 hrs. Reduce dose as condition improves; max 20mL for initial ℞.
Viral, fungal, or mycobacterial infections of the eye.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections, intraocular pressure and cataracts in prolonged use. Monitor blood levels in combined aminoglycoside therapy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Aminoglycoside + steroid.
Local effects (eg, eye pain, eyelids pruritus, eyelid edema, conjunctival hyperemia or erythema), increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, cataracts, corneal perforations, optic nerve damage, delayed wound healing, secondary infection.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL; Oint—3.5g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|