TOBRADEX OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tobramycin 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; contains chlorobutanol.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TOBRADEX OPH OINT:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection or risk thereof.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: apply small amount (½ inch) in conjunctival sac up to 3–4 times daily; max 8g for initial ℞.
Viral, fungal, or mycobacterial infections of the eye.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections, intraocular pressure and cataracts in prolonged use. Monitor blood levels in combined aminoglycoside therapy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Aminoglycoside + steroid.
Local effects (eg, eye pain, eyelids pruritus, eyelid edema, conjunctival hyperemia or erythema), increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, cataracts, corneal perforations, optic nerve damage, delayed wound healing, secondary infection.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL; Oint—3.5g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|