THERAFLU COLD & COUGH HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 20mg, pheniramine maleate 20mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; pwd packet; natural lemon flavor; contains sodium 46mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU COLD & COUGH HOT LIQUID:
Nasal and sinus congestion, cough, rhinorrhea.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet into 8oz hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15mins. Take every 4 hours; max 6 packets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Sodium-restricted diet. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥7days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antitussive + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|