Terbutaline sulfate Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Terbutaline sulfate 1mg/mL.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Terbutaline sulfate Injection:
Asthma. Chronic bronchitis. Emphysema.
0.25mg SC into lateral deltoid area; may repeat after 15–30 minutes; max 0.5mg/4 hours.
Not for management of preterm labor. Avoid excessive use. Diabetes. Cardiac disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. If subject to hypokalemia, monitor potassium. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid other sympathomimetics (except aerosol bronchodilators), MAOIs, tricyclics. Antagonized by β-blockers.
Tachycardia, palpitations, nervousness, tremor, headache, drowsiness, nausea.
Formerly known under the brand names Brethine, Bricanyl.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|