Generic Name and Formulations:
Trientine HCl 250mg; caps.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for SYPRINE:
Wilsons disease in patients who are intolerant of penicillamine.
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach. 750–1250mg/day in 2–4 divided doses; max 2000mg/day. Increase dose if clinical response not adequate or free serum copper is persistently >20mcg/dL. Determine maintenance dose at 6–12 month intervals.
<6yrs: not recommended. Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach. 6–12yrs: 500–750mg/day in 2–4 divided doses; max 1500mg/day. Increase dose if clinical response not adequate or free serum copper is persistently >20mcg/dL. Determine maintenance dose at 6–12 month intervals.
Not for treatment of biliary cirrhosis. Monitor for iron deficiency anemia (esp. women). Monitor for symptoms of fever or skin eruption; take body temperature nightly during 1st month of treatment. Any site of exposure to capsule contents must be washed with water. Do 24-hour urinary copper analysis periodically (eg, every 6–12 months). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Absorption may be inhibited by mineral supplements; separate dosing of iron by at least 2 hours. Separate dosing of any other drug, food, or milk by at least 1 hour.
Iron deficiency, systemic lupus erythematosus, dystonia, muscular spasm, myasthenia gravis, contact dermatitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: Hemophilia A
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|