Generic Name and Formulations:
Omacetaxine mepesuccinate 3.5mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for SC inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNRIBO:
Treatment of patients with chronic or accelerated phase chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with resistance and/or intolerance to two or more tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI).
Induction: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart) for 14 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle. Repeat cycles every 28 days until hematologic response achieved. Maintenance: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily for 7 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle, as long as clinically beneficial. Dose adjustments and modifications: see full labeling.
Risk of myelosuppression (thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, anemia) or hemorrhage (cerebral, GI). Monitor CBCs with platelets weekly during induction and initial maintenance cycles, then every 2wks during later cycles. Diabetes: monitor glucose levels frequently; if poorly controlled, avoid until glycemic control is established. Elderly. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Protein synthesis inhibitor.
Avoid concomitant anticoagulants, aspirin, NSAIDs if platelets <50,000/microliters.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, asthenia, injection site reaction, pyrexia, infection, lymphopenia; bleeding, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|