Generic Name and Formulations:
Omacetaxine mepesuccinate 3.5mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for SC inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNRIBO:
Treatment of patients with chronic or accelerated phase chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with resistance and/or intolerance to two or more tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI).
Induction: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart) for 14 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle. Repeat cycles every 28 days until hematologic response achieved. Maintenance: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily for 7 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle, as long as clinically beneficial. Dose adjustments and modifications: see full labeling.
Risk of myelosuppression (thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, anemia) or hemorrhage (cerebral, GI). Monitor CBCs with platelets weekly during induction and initial maintenance cycles, then every 2wks during later cycles. Diabetes: monitor glucose levels frequently; if poorly controlled, avoid until glycemic control is established. Elderly. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant anticoagulants, aspirin, NSAIDs if platelets <50,000/microliters.
Protein synthesis inhibitor.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, asthenia, injection site reaction, pyrexia, infection, lymphopenia; bleeding, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|