Real-time reporting and integration of patient symptom reports into clinical practice could benefit patients, but practical obstacles remain.
Self-reporting of symptoms via tablet was benefit for patients, according to a study performed at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Pregabalin is no more effective for cancer-induced bone pain than a placebo in patients receiving radiotherapy, a recent study indicates.
In a review of study results from 2,964 human clinical trials, Australia and Chinese university scientists found that Chinese herbal medicine offers significant treatment for most types of cancers.
How should myoclonus be managed in patients taking high-dose opioids?
Another therapeutic intervention can be added to the list of effective palliative care modalities available for patients with cancer: qigong (CHI gung). A newly published study found that the ancient mind-body practice ...
The liver may control the dramatic loss of body mass seen in cancer, and manipulation of a specific gene switch may delay the wasting process.
Protocolized patient-tailored treatment of physical symptoms improves fatigue in advanced cancer.
Over the trajectory of chemotherapy treatment, school-age children appear to develop resilience to fatigue.
ONS Connections: Decreased sexual interest most common persistent and bothersome symptom in breast cancer survivorsNovember 18, 2012
Breast cancer survivors reported that decreased sexual interest was the symptom causing the most significant bother.
ONS Connections: Symptom clusters identified in patients with head and neck cancer after chemotherapyNovember 17, 2012
Two clusters of symptoms, one specific to head and neck cancer (HNC) and one related to gastrointestinal symptoms, were identified in patients with HNC.
Lymphedema in patients with head and neck cancer can be described through an instrument that has been developed and validated.
Many persons who receive chemotherapy for incurable cancers may not understand that the treatment is unlikely to be curative.
Support from oncology clinicians can encourage people with cancer to adopt an exercise regimen that can help relieve their symptoms and improve their function.
Treatment-related menopausal symptoms were relieved for women with breast cancer who received cognitive behavioral therapy, physical exercise, or both.
Memory and thought-process speed may be improved in breast cancer survivors, who often complain of problems with memory or feelings of mental slowness. A memory training program can improve memory performance, according to a recent study.
I knew Sam's joking was not a sign of joy or happiness but his way of coping, maybe the only way he knew how.
When patients with giant-cell tumor of the bone were treated with denosumab, which is a drug targeted against a protein that promotes bone destruction, the number of tumor giant cells decreased and new bone formation increased.
Prognosis for patients with esophageal cancer is poor. Care options focus on minimizing discomfort and maintaining nutritional status.
Adding bisphosphonates to myeloma treatment decreases fractures of the vertebra and bone pain, affirm the results of a review of 20 trials.
One-third of outpatients with breast, prostate, colon/rectum, or lung cancer were receiving insufficient pain treatment, particularly minorities.
A home walking program significantly improves fatigue levels and physical functioning in persons with pancreatic and periampullary cancers.
Although opioid-based painkillers are a standard treatment for relieving cancer pain, they may actually contribute to disease progression.
A cancer diagnosis can cause high levels of distress. Nurses should assess patients frequently and know how to intervene promptly.
The many benefits of meditation include reduce anxiety, ease pain, increase flexibility, and improve overall health. Although meditation is not a cure, it may improve quality of life for patients with cancer.
Various activities can help patients cope with cancer and its treatments. These techniques should not replace medical care, but they can enhance patients' quality of life.
Combination therapy may be a promising treatment approach for patients with advanced melanoma who experience the abscopal effect.
Psychosocial interventions, including skills instruction and education, can help reduce pain in persons with cancer, confirm the results of a recent meta-analysis.
Two studies published in International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics indicate that proton therapy is a useful treatment for prostate cancer.
VADs enable long-term IV therapy; however, the devices and their use pose a unique set of challenges for nurses.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Open Hysterectomy Survival Rates Edge Minimally Invasive Procedures for Cervical Cancer
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Risk for Colon Cancer, Osteogenic Sarcoma Higher With Presence of Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
- G-CSF Support Increases Overall Survival, But Risk of Secondary Malignancies Also Higher
- Report From Childhood Cancer Survivor Study Identifies Long-Term Risks for VTE
- The Effect of Intravenous Hydration Strategy on Plasma Methotrexate Clearance During Intravenous High-dose Methotrexate Administration in Pediatric Oncology Patients
- Outcomes Worse for Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy vs Open Surgery
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|