Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium sulfate 17.5g, potassium sulfate 3.13g, magnesium sulfate 1.6g; per 6oz of soln.
Braintree Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for SUPREP:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy.
Start the evening before colonoscopy: dilute 1 bottle to 16oz with water and drink entire amount. Drink 32oz of water over the next hour. Next morning: repeat using the second bottle. Complete prep at least 2hrs before colonoscopy.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Maintain adequate hydration. Correct electrolyte abnormalities before use. Renal impairment; monitor baseline and post-colonoscopy electrolytes, creatinine, BUN. History of QT prolongation, uncontrolled arrhythmias, recent MI, unstable angina, CHF, or cardiomyopathy: increased risk of arrhythmias; consider ECGs at pre-dose and post-colonoscopy. Gout. Seizure. Inflammatory bowel disease. Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Risk of regurgitation or aspiration. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant diuretics, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, NSAIDs; may affect renal function. Drugs that may lower the seizure threshold (eg, tricyclic antidepressants), alcohol or benzodiazepine withdrawal, known or suspected hyponatremia: may increase risk of seizures. Caution with drugs that may increase risk of electrolyte abnormalities, arrhythmias or QT prolongation. Drugs administered within 1 hour of start of Suprep may not be absorbed.
Overall discomfort, abdominal distention and pain, nausea, vomiting; transient elevated uric acid, mucosal ulcerations and ischemic colitis.
Bowel prep kit—1 (2 x 6oz bottles of soln w. mixing container)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|