Generic Name and Formulations:
Cefixime 400mg; tabs.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for SUPRAX:
Susceptible infections, including pharyngitis, tonsillitis, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis; uncomplicated UTIs and cervical or urethral gonorrhea.
400mg once daily or 200mg every 12 hrs. Gonorrhea: 400mg once. Infections due to Streptococcus pyogenes: treat for at least 10 days. Renal impairment: adjust dose; see full labeling.
<6 months: not established. Chew tabs: chew or crush before swallowing. <50kg and 6 months–12yrs: 8mg/kg once daily or 4mg/kg every 12 hrs. >50kg or >12yrs: use adult dose. Otitis media: treat with chew tabs or susp; do not substitute with tabs. Infections due to Streptococcus pyogenes: treat for at least 10 days.
Penicillin or other allergy. Renal impairment. History of GI disease. Chew tabs: phenylketonuria. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate carbamazepine, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) (monitor). May cause false (+) Clinitest, direct Coomb's, nitroprusside test for ketones. Potentiated by probenecid.
Diarrhea, nausea, loose stools, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, vomiting, hypersensitivity reactions, headache, dizziness, seizures, transient renal and hepatic effects; C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Tabs—10, 50, 100; Chew tabs—10, 50; Susp 100mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL; 200mg/5mL—25mL, 37.5mL, 50mL, 75mL, 100mL; 500mg/5mL—10mL, 20mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|