Generic Name and Formulations:
Sulindac 150mg, 200mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Sulindac:
Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis. Ankylosing spondylitis. Acute painful shoulder. Acute gouty arthritis.
Take with food. 150mg twice daily. Acute painful shoulder or gouty arthritis: 200mg twice daily, usually for 7–14 days. All: max 400mg/day.
Aspirin allergy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Active or history of GI bleeding, peptic ulcer, or kidney stones. Heart failure. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Edema. Hypertension. Bleeding disorders. Sepsis. Diabetes. Preexisting asthma. Maintain adequate hydration. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Discontinue if unexplained fever, pancreatitis, or liver dysfunction occurs. Systemic lupus erythematosus and mixed connective tissue disease. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid in late pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
NSAID (indene deriv.).
Increased risk of GI toxicity with aspirin, other NSAIDs, alcohol, smoking. Probenecid increases serum levels. Diflunisal reduces serum levels. Antagonized by, and peripheral neuropathy with, DMSO. Monitor anticoagulants, antihyperglycemics. Caution with methotrexate, cyclosporine, nephrotoxic drugs (increased toxicity). Increased serum lithium levels (monitor). May antagonize diuretics, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II antagonists (monitor).
GI ulcer/bleeding/pain, dyspepsia, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, rash (discontinue if occurs), dizziness, headache, tinnitus, edema, nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, pancreatitis, jaundice, hepatitis. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Clinoril.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|