Generic Name and Formulations:
Nisoldipine 8.5mg, 17mg*, 34mg; ext-rel tabs; *contains tartrazine.
Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for SULAR:
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach (1hr before or 2hrs after a meal). Initially 17mg once daily; may increase by 8.5mg per week or longer intervals. Usual maintenance: 17–34mg once daily; max 34mg/day. Hepatic impairment or elderly (>65yrs): Initially 8.5mg once daily.
Coronary artery disease. Heart failure or compromised ventricular function (esp. with a beta-blocker). Monitor BP closely during initiation and titration. Severe hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Avoid concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors or inducers, grapefruit juice. High-fat meals increase peak drug concentrations. Antagonized by phenytoin (avoid; consider alternatives). May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Peripheral edema, headache, dizziness, pharyngitis, vasodilation, sinusitis, palpitations, chest pain, nausea, rash; increased angina, MI (rare), hypotension.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|