Generic Name and Formulations:
Sacrosidase 8500 IU/mL; oral soln.
QOL Medical, LLC
Indications for SUCRAID:
Oral replacement therapy of the genetically determined sucrase deficiency, which is part of congenital sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
<5months: not recommended. ≥5months: ≤15kg: 8500 IU per meal or snack. >15kg: 17000 IU per meal or snack. Dilute dose with 2–4 ounces of water, milk, or infant formula. Serve cold or at room temp; do not warm up or heat liquid before or after addition of Sucraid. Give half the dose at the beginning of the meal/snack and the remainder during meal/snack.
Hypersensitivity to yeast, glycerin, papain.
Administer initial dose near facility where acute hypersensitivity reactions can be treated; discontinue if hypersensitivity occurs. Diabetes. Evaluate for dietary starch restriction. Secondary disaccharidase deficiencies. Pregnancy (Cat. C).
Do not reconstitute or consume with fruit juice; acidity reduces enzyme activity.
Abdominal pain, GI upset, constipation, insomnia, headache, nervousness, dehydration; rare: wheezing.
Soln (118mL)—2 bottles (w. measuring scoops)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|