Optimal Therapy for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Resistance or Intolerance to Sorafenib: Challenges and SolutionsDecember 08, 2017
[Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma] This research examines systemic therapies that can be considered in patients with sorafenib refractory hepatocellular carcinoma.
Reducing the initial dose of sorafenib was shown to have some benefits — such as reduced pill burden, lower costs, and decreased AE-related discontinuation rates — and OS was noninferior compared with the standard dose in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma.
Comparative Efficacy and Safety of Axitinib Versus Sorafenib in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisJuly 07, 2016
[Oncotargets and Therapy] This research evaluates the comparative efficacy and safety of axitinib and sorafenib for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
Liver tumor cells do not respond to sorafenib if they have a less differentiated phenotype, known as the mesenchymal type, and express CD44, according to a new study.
When tumor stops responding to U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for the anti-cancer drug sorafenib (Nexavar) has been expanded to include late-stage differentiated thyroid cancer, the most common type of thyroid cancer.
The kidney and liver cancer drug sorafenib holds metastatic thyroid cancer at bay nearly twice as long as placebo, according to the results of the randomized phase III trial known as DECISION.
Sorafenib improves survival in patients whose cancer is resistant to radioactive iodine treatment.
An increased risk of coronary artery stenosis in cancer survivors may be a long-term posttreatment effect of chest radiotherapy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Smoking Ups Risk of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Overall and by Subtype
- Myelofibrosis: From Diagnosis to Early Intervention
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine for People Through Age 45
- HPV Vaccination and Anti-programmed Cell Death 1 Inhibition Improve Survival in Patients With Invasive HPV-16
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Anxiety, Depression in Prostate Cancer: Managing Psychosocial Effects in Male Patients
- Tandem Autologous-Allogenic HCT Offers Long-Term Remission in Multiple Myeloma
- Tool Addresses Well-being of Informal Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- Hematologic Cancers: 8 Tips Oncology Nurses Should Share with Caregivers
- Navigation at the End of Therapy: A Crucial Transition in Lymphoma Treatment
- Strength and Hope for Women in the Mist of Cancer
- Prospective Study Measures Cognitive, Treatment Effects in Older Breast Cancer Survivors
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy May Affect Thyroid Function
- Hypofractionated Radiotherapy After Conservative Surgery May Increase Low-intermediate Grade Late Fibrosis in Breast Cancer Patients
- Should Increased Breast Density Dictate More Breast Cancer Screenings?
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|